Tangent Expeditions are able to organise expeditions for independent groups of any size.
Tangent can cater for the following activities:
- Ski touring (pulk hauling) expeditions
- Ski or splitboard mountaineering
- Kite skiing
- Alpine climbing and mountaineering
- Big wall climbing
- Iceberg climbing
- Boat tours and sailing
- Snowmobile exploration
- ... and more!
There are two main seasons for Greenland expeditions:
Spring (mid March to mid May)
This is the preferred season for snow based expeditions, such as ski touring and ski mountaineering.
Summer (mid July to late August)
This is the preferred season for trekking, boat and technical climbing expeditions.
From mid May to mid July, it is only possible to reach any regions by private charter helicopter due to un-navigable fjord ice conditions.
Tangent Expeditions are able to provide full logistical services for independently led groups, including:
- Snowmobile or boat transport to your target region
- Private helicopter charters
- Specialist rental equipment, e.g. rifles and pulks
- Charter flights to and from Greenland
- Unsurpassed knowledge of the East Greenland region and its climbing and ski history
- Expedition food supplies
- Insurance (for selected areas)
Most expeditions begin from our base at Constable Point in North East Greenland. Custom logistics for other areas throughout Greenland are also availble.